Carbontech has rapidly evolved from a scientific possibility into a climate change mitigation imperative. This has led to growing interest from entrepreneurs, investors, corporates, and civil society. All pathways to meeting Paris Agreement climate goals involve solutions that can capture, utilize, and permanently sequester CO2 emissions.
Watch industry leaders for an overview and interactive discussion of the latest trends in the growing carbontech sector. This 90-minute virtual session will include a panel with carbontech leaders, an update on the final round of the NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE; a preview of the world’s largest carbontech company database developed by XPRIZE’s Circular Carbon Network; and an introduction to the recently announced Carbon-to-Value Initiative from Urban Future Lab, Greentown Labs, Fraunhofer USA, NYSERDA, and the Canadian Consulate in New York.
- Intro (Dr. Marcius Extavour, Executive Director, NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE / 2min)
- Circular Carbon Network Presentation (Nicholas Eisenberg, Managing Parter, Pure Energy Partners / 20min)
- Carbon-to-Value Program Presentation (Pat Sapinsley, Managing Director, Cleantech Initiatives at Urban Future Lab /ACRE / PowerBridgeNY / 10 mins)
- Panel Discussion featuring Dr. Extavour, Pat Spinsley, David Elenowitz of Zero Carbon Partners, and Ryo Okumura of Diamond Low Carbon Ventures at Mitsubishi Corporation (30min)
- Audience Q&A and Discussion (20min)